Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

writing, writing, writing

I have a deadline for Monday, I need to write a draft for a very small book chapter. I started working on this piece in Cape Town but have struggled to pull it all together. I always imagined writing for publication meant you already did the analysis and theoretical work and were then simply reworking your 'work' to match the prescriptions of the publication. Not so in this case - I'm doing an all-in-one jobby, I suspect this is a recipe for disaster! Well it certainly has meant that my writing is slow, slow, slow. I spent the whole of yesterday trying to write one paragraph and failed. But I thought fuck it, just persevere...remember a PhD is all about tenacity...So instead of having a relaxing Friday night reflecting on my recent return to the UK or just emptying my mind with some mindless TV I sat at my desk and worked on my writing. Perseverance paid off! At least last night. It started to come together. Taking on board the process approach to writing and the motivating messages and tips from Tanya Golosh-Boza....is possibly the way to go for me. Keep at it, sit down and write even if it's just 30 minutes at a time. Today has been productive too, slightly too slow for my liking, but moving forward nonetheless. A positive start to my writing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment