Pages

Sunday 20 June 2010

Cambridge epitomised

I think this image captures my sense of Cambridge - the bookishness, the green lawns, the tree of learning, the grandeur, wealth and privilege associated with the education it offers, represented by the magnificent, but equally, ostentatious St John's College in the background and the solitude of the learning experience. You cant help but come away thinking about the inequality that seems ingrained while almost invisible in this type of education, yet at the same time feel completely fascinated by it.

2 comments:

  1. Cambridge, not Oxford? I'm an Oxford guy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Myson" I was always in love with Oxford, but then I had only been to Oxford. I'm planning to visit Oxford in the next couple of weeks to make a proper comparison. But they are probably two sides of the same coin.

    ReplyDelete