Pages

Thursday 24 June 2010

writing...again

I'm coming to accept that writing is going to be a protracted exercise for me. Its a long, confusing, agonising and frustrating process - until you work out exactly what it is you want to say and how you want to say it. The first draft is the worse part. And in this I am my own worse enemy because I want everything to be right, first time and it can never be.

Everyone has there own way of doing 'it', and I also think you develop strategies to cope with the process when it gets sticky. I need to finish a paper for the Higher Education Close Up 5 conference happening in late July by early next, so I can get some feedback on the paper too. A thought did cross my mind; once I've written this paper I should do something with it - like send it to a journal or something? I'm a bit nervous and scared by that prospect. Let me think about it more and see what my kind reviewers think of the work and then see if I can handle more impersonal critique from the not-so-kind peer journal reviewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment