Pages

Thursday 23 December 2010

PANIC

I just received some positive, albeit, conflicting feedback on my article submission for the Higher Education Research and Development Journal. 2 out for the 3 reviewers where pleased with my article, although they suggested some thoughtful reconsiderations of the argument and overall focus of the article. Of course this is all great - but the timing sucks. They want a resubmission ASAP and I can't do that! It's Christmas for heaven sakes and my life is somewhere in-between three countries and two continents at the moment. Give me a break!

I need at least 3 weeks to attempt any of the suggestions made. So I'm rather ambivalent to put it mildly and underlying that I'm completely panicked, my heart is racing and I wonder if I can actually pull the whole thing off. But the prospect of getting published - well that is of course very exciting, but with it comes the hard work, anguish and of course self doubt (as usual, my 'lingering friend'). I need at least three weeks to make the publication a reality. I also need another set of eyes to provide a fresh perspective and interpretation of the comments. Lets hope the editor has a generous view of what a reasonable time frame is. Focus on the positive - I need to keep reminding myself - focus on the positive and this is a positive event!



3 comments:

  1. A conditional acceptance at a good journal? Only Lynn could spin this into a blog titled 'PANIC'.

    CONGRATULATIONS! This is a fine achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also, by the way, an ISI-listed journal: that is to say, it counts in the real world. You're well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Stephen - I concede; You're right of course. The panic has dissipated now and knowing that I have 6 weeks to get my arse into gear makes everything so very do-able! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete