Pages

Thursday 17 June 2010

doing simple things

Its two days post mini-viva, the sun is shining outside and I'm back at the OU. I spent a really gorgeous day in Cambridge yesterday, marvelling at the beautiful old city with education, academia and heritage filling up the air. It felt so good to just do nothing and think about nothing in particular.

Today I'm back to the more practical things of life - like putting in expense claims, sorting out printing, making copies of articles, picking up books at the library, spending time in my garden and doing a big clean up of my house. My focus on these seemingly mandane things has made me realise that the past 6-8 weeks have been really tense in so many ways. I'm happy to just slow down a bit - not just in relation to the 'things' I need to do, but also just to allow my mind to accept the natural order of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment