Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

fatigue and the last of everything

That's me I'm so freaking tired in my body and in my mind. I've been working practically everyday, every, single, day since I arrived in Cape Town. I generally don't take a break on the weekends and spend anything from 3-6 hours working - Saturday or Sunday. I definitely can't sustain it. I kid myself saying that 'Oh in Cape Town I have a better work-life balance' when in fact the breaks I take simply make me feel more guilt about the breaks I take. But I think I need to take at least one day off a week. A day where I do sweet fanny all related to my PhD. Watch TV, spend guilt free time with my family and friends, read a book, do something just for me.

Next week this time I will be over plains of Africa on my way back to the North. So from today everything will be the last - my last Monday, my last Tuesday, my last time walking on this beach, my last time visiting this friend etc...well last time for the next seven months anyway! How did it get to this point so quickly? Now all the  preparations to go back need to kick-in and kick-in FAST! and this will be accompanied by all the resistance to the preparations. Human nature...lordly lord!

But there is still a lot of work to do, two meetings to attend to with research participants and a draft book chapter to create and all this fatigue and making sure that the last experience is a lasting, quality one will certainly make keeping the work in focus a challenge!

2 comments:

  1. The home stretch, Lynn. The home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends how you define home, right? but it will all come together anyway - it just will!

    ReplyDelete