Pages

Sunday 9 October 2011

mixed bag of a week

I had a really strange all-over-the-place kind of week. I guess filtered through lots of anger and frustration fuelled by stories of bad supervision experiences and my own writing troubles. Writing really is about making meaning through your writing - writing isn't an end-product, it is the process of making meaning, making sense, making clear what it is you want to say. I'm about 1/3 away from the end of my case study or rather I should say this iteration of this case study draft. The hard part is coming i.e. making sense of the literacy practices in the case site. But I'm getting there, I'm finding a comfortable way to use Atlas to help extract the slices of data I need to illustrate the points I am trying to make and how to use to the slices of data to help understand what is going on in the site. I'm hoping to finish this off by next weekend because I have a three day break in Estonia starting today...how's that for a bit of balanced life?

A friend of mine said something like this to me late last week - 'You need to get comfortable with the pace you are working at and that some days will be slower than others. Get comfortable with the fact that sometimes it just isn't going to work on that day...but it's ok'. Wise words me thinks !

No comments:

Post a Comment