Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

the letting go starts

I've been struggling to complete the final touches to my thesis before it goes off for its last proofreading. It's taken me about four days to do maybe three - four hours of thinking work. I just keep putting things off. I just need to concentrate and do these tiny written amendments, but I've been avoiding it like the plague. Maybe I don't want to let go of the thesis. I've been talking about the anticipated loss I know will come when the thesis is no longer the focal point of my whole existence. I won't be able to use it as a 'crutch' or excuse for any bad behaviour on my part. I've been  full time student for the best part of almost five years now. I'm not 100% sure I'm comfortable about the fact that I will have to start the process of negotiating being something else again.

No comments:

Post a Comment