Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Saturday morning

When I woke up yesterday morning for the first time since I can remember I didn't think about my thesis or any unfinished work that needed doing. It didn't feel right. My little routine of going to the library to work on a Saturday morning had become a comforting ritual. It grounded my weekend activities and provided a significant way in which I could off-set any guilt I felt about not working enough on my thesis during the week. Yesterday I didn't have to rush to the library, nor would I be able to come home feeling a sense of accomplishment. I guess this is part of the loss and detachment from my thesis I have to go through. It feels strange and while I welcome not having the constant guilt clouding my thoughts, I still feel the emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment