Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

oh so sensitive

I got, what will probably be the last formal feedback (save for the thesis abstract) from my supervisors late last night. I was irritated at what they asked me to do or rather that I had not got stuff right...yet. I'm sensitive and in these last days as I try to get my thesis ready for the final proofreading exercise I cant deal with critique. Why can't you make sense of the diagram and why can't you tell me directly how to make it 'right'? Why won't you try a little? Driving home on the motorway this afternoon reflecting on the irritation and frustration that is pushing me to tears, I said quietly to myself - don't allow these feelings to cause you to act irrationally and do something stupid. Calm down and look thoughtfully at what is being communicated to you and act accordingly. Now I only have to act with such restraint and calm. I'm leaving the feedback and my response to it, to tomorrow - tomorrow will be better.

Tonight I'm shaving off words - my target is just 50 words per chapter. It's almost a mindless kind of job, playing with words, not their meaning. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment