Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

and this is so different

I'm in the middle of writing up a first draft for one of my cases - nothing analytic, just some descriptive and exploratory stuff. I'm struck by how different the process is - the writing process that is - to all the other stuff I've been doing over the past two, no eight months. Writing has its own momentum and you just have to go with it. It eats you up inside and waits for no one - when the ideas are flowing you can't do anything about it except writing...I remember SP talking about how he couldn't sleep for wanting to write, how he had this insatiable desire to write, write, write until he was finished. When I'm writing I can sit up until whatever time if I want to get my ideas down on paper. Of course I'm not raising the times when writing is painful, slow, frustrating, when you just cant find the words you need - but in a way that isn't really the point of what I'm trying to say here.

I just want to savour this experience of difference and smile actually because this act of physically producing what I'm thinking, almost an act of crystallisation of something abstract, can be a very beautiful thing. I'm hoping my positive and optimistic sense this morning will remain with me for the rest of the day while I try to complete, write, what I need to today.


structural outline of what needs to be written today

No comments:

Post a Comment