Pages

Monday 5 September 2011

after the holiday

I've been away on a short holiday. A holiday I didn't really want to come back from. I've been dreading having to go back to work. Yet for about 50% of the said holiday my thoughts drifted to my work and how I was falling behind because of the holiday. No rest for the wicked...and I'm starting to feel very wicked. Before the holiday I felt on the cusp on something - enthusiasm even for my work, for the work that needs to be done to get this freaking PhD out of the way. If there is anything I'm determined to do in the next 12 months it's to get this freaking PhD out of the way. So over the next couple of days I will get back my rhythm, my routine, my determination and just maybe my enthusiasm to finish this freaking PhD. I so wish I felt differently about my PhD,  it wasn't suppose to be like this, I was suppose to like it, enjoy it, learn from it...but as my good friend, recently taking inspirational advice from Tony Soprano, keeps telling "What you gonna do?"

Notting Hill Carnival

Salsa in the streets at Carnival

St Keverne, Cornwall


The Lizard, Cornwall
Mullion Cove Harbour, Cornwall

My great nephew Luke at his naming ceremony





No comments:

Post a Comment