Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2011

a relaxing over-lunch supervision meeting...

and the follow up e-mail just sent to both supervisors. I already feel a weight lifted off my shoulders for a while anyway :-)

This is just a brief summary of the main issues discussed earlier today



- a revised work plan was presented that will hopefully allow more time for the analysis process while maintaining the overall September 2012 deadline (see attached)
- results of a pilot coding exercise completed in Atlas were discussed; the exercise allowed me to test for the use of the literacy and text practices code categories and develop coding category descriptions for these and any additional codes resulting from this initial analysis exercise. I've developed an organisational structure for my data to match the organisation framework of the Atlas package - this activity has forced me to make firm decisions about which data segments will be included in the formal Atlas informed analysis activity (attached is a rough illustration of my data hierarchy, which also contains the total number of documents that will be analysed in Atlas). The code categories developed during this pilot exercise will inform the first round of analysis of the Film and Video department.
- I have about 10-15 outstanding recordings that need to be transcribed (attached find an inventory of what I've completed to date based on their different 'transcriptions types'. The green shaded blocks indicate the outstanding transcriptions)
- my next deadline is 15 September: a descriptive case study discussion of the Film and Video department


If you would like a copy of the pilot code descriptions I'm happy to e-mail this to you.


Have a wonderful long weekend (bank holiday weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment