Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

oh how boring!

I'd forgotten how freaking boring it is to sit down day after day and craft words. My brain feels like word-soup. I don't mind the writing but the process is a solitary and boring one. I experienced this in the UK too and frequently had to punctuate these writing spells with trips to the OU for some personal company and engaging tea breaks. Now back in Cape Town I've isolated myself in my study and I'm feeling the effects.

I've started to work on my analysis chapters. A good strategy as I have my Research Methodology fresh in my mind. I suspect that as the week progresses I will have both chapters side-by-side adjusting and amending as they start to influence and shape each other. The overall end result can only be the strengthening of all the resultant work.

Yeah - you have to love your research topic and want to finish this thing because it's 80% boring and 20% exciting stuff. Also the sheer volume and scope of the writing task. My research methodology chapter is currently larger than my whole MRes dissertation - holding all the bits together is keeping me from my sleep at night. But I'm moving out this week - a special little cafe in Observatory with my name on it is calling me...a ray of sunshine in the boring grey skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment