Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

a quick digression from analysis writing

Indeed! I'm back for a little bit with my analysis - while I await feedback on my research methodology chapter I submitted last week and before I start writing a chapter on the contextual location on my study. I was apprehensive about coming back to the analysis - because I needed to redo a segment of analysis that I had gotten 'almost' horribly wrong the last time I worked on it. My apprehensions were well founded and I delayed and procrastinated for most of the weekend. Then when I finally sat down with it on Monday I realised exactly why I didn't want to deal with it in the first place. But deal with it I must. So for the last two days I've been trying to describe the course and subject structure and arrangements. Easy! Simple! I participated in this department for three months - surely it will be a simple task to write about, no describe their course and subject structures. Of course I understood how it worked when I was there - which subject goes where and how it is linked to the other subjects and why students do this module here and the other module there...no problem. Now when I try to write about it - flip, nothing makes sense. The subjects, their names, their relations have all morphed into something else and my tacit knowledge about how it all fits together is not helping me create a concrete and understandable description.

So here is my little digression from analysis writing - I quick moan and groan about analysis writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment