Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

the galaxy

I'm sitting in my room listening to the radio while working on a thesis chapter. Many Sunday evenings I'm doing the same thing, sitting in my room, working and listening to the radio. It's a cheesy radio station called Heart FM (there's similar station in Cape Town, playing similar music). But on Friday and Sunday nights it has a 80's and 90's club classics segment. Tonight the music is transporting me back to my early Galaxy days - those laughter filled, hot, steamy, smoky Friday nights with Brevin, Mark, Aloma and Kurt on the dance floor. Bliss, pure bliss and contentment. Then, I would never have imagined in a million years that sometime in the distant future I would be sitting alone somewhere in the world working on a PhD thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment