Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Writing here instead

I'm suck with my analysis so thought I might write a bit about it here in the hope that somehow, miraculously (no probably not) all the insight and words needed to complete the analysis draft I'm working on will come to me. Of course this is a very lame idea and one I don't even for a minute believe will happen but I feel I need to write to make my day seem productive anyway. I've been stuck, unstuck, stuck again with the same piece of analysis for 4 weeks now. Goodness I don't have 4 weeks to be stuck with just one piece of analysis - I won't finish this damn PhD thesis if I carry on at this rate. But I'm stuck - I think I know where I want to go, but crafting that route is another thing. I'm constantly confused, side tracked, bogged under by the sheer nonsense I'm writing. At night when I lay awake thinking about my thesis, my analysis I imagine this well crafted interpretation that starts off simply talking about literacy practices used to complete one or other assignment and then slowly reveals the layers and layers of complexity that provides insight into the whole course curriculum and its links to industry. Only in your dreams..., yes it would seem that rather sarcastic little phrase does indeed apply to me right now. Never fear I'm soldiering on, have to offer my current somewhat (very much) incomplete analysis attempt as a gift to my supervisors. Maybe I need a fresh batch of eyes looking at my mumblings and helping me crave out that currently illusive path.

No comments:

Post a Comment