Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

an encouraging supervision

Yes it was. I was happy with how I managed the meeting and by all accounts my supervisors were happy with the case study I presented. My main concern with the case was understandability - was I able to present the case environment in such a way that my readers would get a comprehensive sense of the various dynamics present in that context. And would my writing be accessible, readable and descriptive enough. It seems I achieved my goal - so I'm relieved and now I also have a basic outline on which to model or structure the next case. Analysis still feels like a long way ahead of me, but it's always interesting when your readers pick up interesting bits from your writing that didn't really occur to you, or highlight issues of significance for them that you overlooked as mundane. I think these are rich moments that can be cultivated and explored to help bring out hidden 'gems' which are visible in ones work but overlooked. To harness the value from these moments I'm thinking that I should compile a list of the interesting questions, comments or highlights made about my research that come from these critical readings of my work - hopefully the list can then act as a reflective point from which I can interrogate my own thinking and assumptions - allowing me to step inside the context in an authentic manner, but also step outside the data and the context offering an critical interpretative view.


No comments:

Post a Comment