Pages

Monday 8 November 2010

There have been better days

Its Monday, outside it's raining, grey and cold and I'm willing myself to feel enthusiastic about my work. I sit down at my desk with stacks of 'readings' to get through, I carefully work out my schedule with activities to complete and various deadline to meet, but...I feel like I'm trudging along in cement boots.

Sometimes I have these little 'glimmers of hope' like little rays of sunshine through grey clouds - where I feel like I am connecting with my work and experience a sense of interest in developing my understanding and importantly, want to write about my ideas, position and argument. I know that writing is the most valuable output/commodity in this whole exercise - if I don't write I might as well go home now! At the moment there just seem to be a series of short circuits in the process, derailing my best intentions. I'm in another tussle with this PhD and this bleak weather is not helping me at all. Although in my defence - I will plod along, cement boots and all. I have accepted my fate - I will finish this PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment