Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

Distractions abound

I'm in the middle of writing up a review of possible analytical approaches specifically aimed at the texts I will collect in my research (just writing this make me realise how redundant this whole exercise is - by searching of a suitable analytical frame for texts - I am contradiction the whole epistemological position my research is taking).
Unfortunately I am just so distracted. As a result I cant seem to think clearly or string sentences together in any coherent manner, well so that it would be recognised as academically appropriate anyway. My mind is just too full. I have 4 weeks left before I move out of my house, so that is effectively 4 weeks to get all of my life in order before my 6 month stint in Cape Town. So I need to consider all the logistics for the move, where my car will live, what forwarding address I might use, how I will get to the airport, what I will pack first, what furniture will be sold, where to sell it, how to manage relations with the research site before I arrive in Cape Town, when I will contact who at CPUT, which department I will work in first, where I might live, who I might ask about possible places to live, what about a car and the various options for securing one, xmas presents, going to London, preparing for supervision, thinking about my analytical framework, organising my electronic resources, how much stuff I can take with me to Cape Town and how much that might cost, doing two presentations four days apart from each other, arranging a farewell lunch for my friends and another one for colleagues in the Ac Lits forum...and of course there are a million other less significant things I haven't  put on the list but still swirling around in my head. I just cant focus and get things done quickly. I have three days to edit my review before sending it off to my supervision team on Thursday morning. I'm hoping all this time will help the panel-beating exercise needed to forge a coherent academic position.

No comments:

Post a Comment