Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

fieldwork is coming

I cant seem to get over this unsettled feeling following my supervision on Monday. Its just something about the process that disrupts me. But I'm also worried, as I am sure countless PhD students are, about how I don't seem to be able to connect all the dots from one moment to the next. I don't have this continuous, coherent narrative in my head about my research, about this field of study I'm suppose to becoming an expert in. It worries me that I can't come up with good, solid arguments supported by my understanding. Maybe I'm not moving forward with this PhD - I recall a time when I could articulate significant insights about what I knew - maybe this was around 2006. Seems I've been going backwards since then.

On a more positive and encouraging note - fieldwork is coming - yes, just like Christmas, and I've plotted out my schedule and spoke to my contact at the research site, and they are eagerly awaiting my arrival. I'm pinning all my hopes on this fieldwork - it's my salvation from the boredom and abstract, theoretical abyss I currently find myself in. Lets hope it can live up to all these lofty expectations.

A multimodal masterpiece: with the power of  lines, stars, arrows and highlighters

No comments:

Post a Comment