Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

kinda melancholy feeling

Its drifting over me and I cant shake it. Its just the abstract nature of this 'thing' I'm doing. I just wish I had somewhere to go everyday where my 'work', my level of productivity could be measured in some tangible way. A place where I didn't always have to think in this concentrated abstract way. Its not that I don't like what I'm doing, but in the absence of anything else, another aspect of life, love, family this seems at times practically meaningless.

I've been thinking today I wish I could blame this melancholy on something - but there isn't anything. It just is and I suspect it will pass.

So I keep myself busy, forcing myself to:- read, tidy my papers, books and files, experiment with data analysis software, make list of things to do, clean the house, cut the grass, make endless cups of tea, try to stay away from Facebook and hope that tomorrow will be better. Hope that once I have data to work with the complexity, challenge and intrigue associated with finding out what is going on in the data will restore my enthusiasm and interest in this thing called research.

No comments:

Post a Comment