Pages

Saturday 22 May 2010

And its coming together, the probation report that is

Since my supervision meeting on Monday I've been working, albeit at a slower pace, on implementing all the suggested changes to my report. I know this is going to sound so cliché, but making the changes has improved the overall flow and structure of the report. Today I've been doing a final argument proofread - to check the coherence of my argument, pick up on any slippage of terms, double check my references and write up any linking sentences or paragraphs needed here and there. This process will continue tomorrow and I also need to do all the formatting of the document - which I am not looking forward to at all. Last year I did a course on managing long documents and was introduced to the Styles function in MSWord, but I've forgot so much of it already, so I suspect that doing it now is going to be a chore. But it all needs to be done by Monday morning when I need to send it off to my supervisors for their final review. I'm going to push them to get their feedback to me by Wednesday, so if all goes well I can hand the 'thing' in on Friday - although my official deadline is Tuesday June 1. Then at least my weekend will be a relaxed one. But I'm going to this event http://keepachildalive.org/black-ball/2010uk/invite/ with my friend Anthony on Thursday night so...lets hope I get home from London.

Some progression in my thinking - I've gone from this as a conceptual framework


to a reconsideration of how my conceptual lenses might will inform my data collection.
And I'm a lot happier with this adjustment, for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment