Pages

Wednesday 12 May 2010

I'm so tired...

I handed in my draft probation report today and feel completely drained. At the start of the whole process I was so upbeat about the prospect of writing up the draft and felt confident about just getting it done. But the writing process was more challenging than I could have imagined. It just took ages to write...ANYTHING. It felt as if I was agonising over each word, each sentence, each point I was trying to make. When that happens the edit-and-perfection freak takes over and effectively stifles any creative flow I have inside me. On top of that I've been irritated with the lack of balance to temper my academic life, frustrated that all I've done for the past two weeks is focus and work on this draft. So unfortunately these two issues, the need to get everything down perfectly and the frustration of not being able to step aside from the work, made for a very uncomfortable writing experience.

How do I feel about the piece of work I submitted?...rough! Too many issues I don't think I've nailed down sufficiently. But that's a positive quality too - I've become aware of my shortcomings. Hell there always is a brighter, positive spin to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment