Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

final supervision?

I had what was probably my final supervision meeting yesterday. Just over 90 minutes discussing the final changes to my thesis. No pomp and ceremony, just a normal discussion about not calling my analysis approach an 'analytical framework', what to do with the evolving research questions, critiquing the notion of research questions in ethnographic and interpretive research, not using the word interpretative as apparently it doesn't exist (see previous term), my use of some dodgy in-text referencing formats, rewriting the abstract, removing some illustrative diagrams as they cause confusion and a whole series of signposting and editorial 'concerns'.

So this is it! I need to submit three chapters for a re-read within about 10 days time, have my data chapters re-read by a colleague for clarity and signposting, attend to all the editorial and formatting issues with a proper proofreading and then 'Bob's your uncle' I'm submitting, as planned in early August. It hasn't sunk in yet, evidenced by my inability to sleep last night. Maybe this thesis will go gently into the night after all. I guess its only fitting after so many, many months of upheaval.

No comments:

Post a Comment