Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

what to do when waiting

I'm waiting on feedback on my first full draft submission. So what to do during this time of waiting? I must admit that all my fantasizing about sitting in bed watching TV, catching up on fiction reading and other such frivolous past-times didn't really materialized as I imagined. After day three I started to mildly obsess about the fact that I wasn't doing any work on my thesis - work being all the little mistakes and omissions I had picked up and wanted to look at during this period of waiting. But it was harder to get back into the swing of things. Now, well into the second week of waiting and I feel rather undisciplined because I'm not working full days and keep making mental notes of all the reading and bibliography cleaning up I should be doing.

My back hurts like hell each time I sit down at my desk for more than an hour. But, it's lovely to step back from my thesis and just allow thoughts about it to come and go freely through my mind. I fluctuate between thinking that I did an ok job with the thesis to absolutely hating what I wrote. Stepping back allows for perspective and I'm grateful I have some time to allow perspective to work it's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment