Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

home or away?

It's been a slow-fast week. At some points I felt I was making good progress and then at other times everything seemed to be crawling along at a snails pace. I've found that I'm completely unproductive at home. I just can't focus or sit at my desk for more than 20 minutes before needing something from the fridge or getting distracted by some mundane thought that has just come into my head or the unfolded washing cluttering my lounge. It's a really frustrating position to be in because it means I can't enjoy the comforts provided by my living space while also working on my thesis. If I want to be productive I have to leave my home and travel somewhere to work. But, I get such solid work done either in the library or my favourite cafe in Obs. I've also realised that I need to spend more time on the task - and with this realisation hitting home I have to accept that I will have to spend time away from my home and cope with the unfortunate consequences on my time and bank balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment