Pages

Monday 16 July 2012

chocolate addiction to calm the nerves

I can't seem to stop eating chocolate. I wish I could say that all I'm eating is dark chocolate - but it's not to be. Any freaking chocolate will do. I'm in a huge sugar craving cycle. This cycle seems to be coinciding with another cycle of what I can only imagine mild or mini panic attacks might feel like. I'm almost like a crazy woman - unable to control myself as my mind shifts from the articles I'm reading on Bernsteinian theorisation, to the argument my PhD thesis is trying to make, then to how Bernstein and Ac Lits link together, or whether they can indeed be put together in a research study as they are 'ontological diverse' (I don't want to say incompatible - god help me if I say that!), to how I might justify using these two 'diverse' conceptual frameworks together, and then to the logistics of my move where I am starting to imagine how all the artefacts in my room, the books on my shelf and the clothes in my cupboards will fit into boxes of certain dimensions and plan out which weekend I need to make available for packing and how this might impact on the shipping company's rules and procedures for getting my boxes on a ship destined for Cape Town, South Africa. Poor SLP has to listen to the minutiae of all my plans, counter-plans, timelines and various variables that may or may not impact on these plans.  I'm juggling all aspects of my life and eating as much chocolate as I can manage seems to be the only thing I'm just doing at the moment.

I did find some time yesterday to walk around the little village where I live. Rather pretty - I think I'll miss this even when its sans-blue skies.




1 comment:

  1. I can't stop listening to Frank Ocean. It's sort of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete