Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

another chapter drafted

I almost wrote - 'done' but of course the chapter isn't done, it's far from finished, it's merely a draft of the true self it will become in the not to distant future. I feel positive about the overall story I've told in this chapter - I feel the chapter has cohesion. The section on recontextualisation needs work but I need to fully understand the differences between a 'recontextualisation principle' and a 'recontextualisation rule' and whether I want to explain how the recontextualisation processes are showing themselves in the course context through an understanding of rule/principle or simple description. Ok this last part is a bit fuzzy, that's because it's fuzzy in my thinking too and we write what we think - so if the writing is fuzzy our thinking is fuzzy.

This version of the chapter is a like a distant cousin of the previous version. I'm almost sure that when my supervisors read it they will be pressed to find direct connections between the two versions of the chapter - there are slight traces - but nothing directly similar. I'm amazed at how far a long I've come since January/February. My lesson - analysis needs time, that's the only problem with analysis it needs time.

No comments:

Post a Comment