Pages

Thursday 28 June 2012

and the malaise continues

I don't think I've felt like this since maybe March 2009 - where life seems to be getting in the way of my studies and work. In the past irrespective what was going on in my life, more generally, would pretty much have little effect on my work. At the moment and certainly for the past two weeks, this personal malaise has taken over much of functioning. I think about my work, in fact I actually work but my productivity levels have hit an all time low.

Besides my work and the moments of clarity relating to the unfolding thesis argument developing,  there is a lot of 'other' stuff occupying my mind, not least going back to Cape Town and a number of unresolved plans and decisions that need to be made and acted on. It feels like these other issues are taking up too much space in my brain and squeezing out any productive space open for the thesis. So my days just seem to meander along but are essentially empty when I tally up the productive gains in relation to my thesis. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do...take a break, continue working, wait for it to pass? while the clock keeps ticking and the deadlines become more stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment