Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

580

I wrote 580 words yesterday. Yes that's all. It took me the whole freaking day to accomplish a mere 580 words. And before someone offers...well they could be quality words so the time spent on writing them was well spent - I don't care I just want to write more words a day. In any case at this stage of the writing process 'quality' is relative and also something that will be validated by someone else. Quality in this first phase is almost out of my hands.
I guess I am in analysis hell - it's like pulling teeth to get me to explain the most mundane activities, events and practices in my data. I guess it hasn't helped that I have discarded most of what I wrote about this case in January/February. But of course there are silver-lining moments too - when it all seems to make sense and I think ok these 580 words explain this process, this event, this happening in a better, more comprehensible way.

Onward I say, onward...580 words at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment