Pages

Thursday 8 July 2010

on being tired

I'm really tired, its been a super long day and my head is still filled with too many thoughts. What started out as a innocuous little attempt to write a paper for a conference about 2-3 weeks ago has snowballed into some sort of an iron-woman endurance race. My supervisor is involved and getting the paper published is now firmly on the agenda.

So here I am at 11:30 having just sent the powerpoint presentation off for some feedback. The presentation is so rough at the moment and having done it I can see all the cracks and gaping holes. I'm wondering how the hell am I going to fill them in only 10-12 days? Anyway that's a story for another day.

Other thoughts floating around in my head at the moment
- plans for a writers circle at the OU
- sorting out my library books
- the online postgraduate discussion group for the Ethnographies of academic writing seminar happening all of next week
- connecting with my family in South Africa - making time to talk or write
- shopping in the morning
- walking to the OU tomorrow
- the long drive to Stanstead airport
- the folk festival in Woburn Sands this Saturday
- Belly dancing in Monkston on Saturday
- debating my return to Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment