Pages

Sunday 15 November 2009

The salt mines (or minds?)

I had a productive Saturday – went to the Open University to work because my bed was proving way to inviting, especially with the Cape like storm outside. Since Thursday I’ve been in a determined mood following positive feedback from my supervisors about my request for another meeting to discuss my understanding of BB (I like the sound of that, nice ring to it). Also got some encouraging and cape flavoured comments from my friends relating to my serious attempt to get close and personal with BB – one suggested I develop some chemistry while another recommended some fingering – I have taken both comments on board and it has done wonders for my relationship. So the chemistry and fingering has continued in earnest and smiles abound. The more I read about his work the more I understand – I’ve even drifted, although tentatively, to reading his own writings, so things are coming together it would seem. But the proof is in the pudding – all set for Thursday @4pm with the supervisors. I will have to prepare for this meeting and make sure the pudding is up to refined English palate.




My determination suffered a bit on Sunday – maybe because it’s Sunday and my internal dispositions say it’s the day of rest. I just couldn’t get going today no matter how much I tried, so I’m somewhat disappointed at myself, hopeful that I can catch up in the coming week. I’ve also started taking Gingko Biloba in the hope that my concentration will improve, which hopefully will help me to focus more, especially on the niggly, careless mistakes I make when typing or writing and reading – the do’s that should be don’ts, the left out words, and the misunderstandings created when I don’t read the e-mail or sms correctly the first time and in so doing get my dates all scrambled. Let’s see if helps, I’m forever hopeful. So, back to the salt mines, and a productive and purposive week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment