Pages

Thursday 12 November 2009

A clean house leads to a clean mind


 

Had a mad day, scrabbled up my scheduling so only realised at 12 realised that I needed to go to a very important 'training' session at 2pm. I had this meeting down to happen next week Thursday – but actually next week I have a full day workshop on writing for publishing that I signed up for and of course forgot about. Lekker deurmakaar! At the training session today I learnt that I would learn/develop 36 skills over the duration of the PhD. Great! And of course for quality assurance purposes, I am required to document and provide evidence for this development. Double great! Really looking forward to this. Might have to go on a training course on micro-time management or using Google Calendar. Maybe that will cure my scatty 'brainedness' at the moment. So got home tonight and thought…maybe if I clean the house and especially declutter my room, my brain will be decluttered. Someone told me once (Linda?!)…the house of a PhD student is ALWAYS clean and tidy, lovely distraction tactic. Once I clean the house I am going to do….a), b), c) then save the world by producing my PhD.

Seriously, I'm seeing my supervisors again next week on Thursday (right after the daylong workshop. Great scheduling hey?) to finish off what I was hoping to do at our meeting this Tuesday. That means I need to be on top on my game, so will be working this weekend and making sure that while I can articulate Basil Bernstein's theories, I can also outline what I don't understand and why. Now to write up a to-do list for tomorrow and correct my diary dates !

No comments:

Post a Comment