Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

happiness in bitter sweetness

I feel a deep regret at not having written this post a week ago, for now all the happiness and elation I felt last week at having finally reached the end of that rocky journey, has dissipated. I passed my PhD with minor corrections after an intense viva experience that I don't think I could have prepared for in a 100 years. I still need to tell that story but it won't be right now.

Tonight sitting here in my warm lounge working on eliminating all the typos in the thesis and fretting at the thought of having to reformat the page numbering and once again do all the Image and Figure cross-referencing - I've been disturbingly reminded how uncertain the PhD journey, and in particular how fragile the supervisory relationship, can be. It does feel right to be waxing lyrically about my achievement while a friend of mine is battling some of the same demons I did just a few months ago. Bitter, sweet; always bitter, sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment