Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

and life gets in the way...again!

This was a crucial weekend for me. On Friday I was filled with an urgency to tie up a series of loose ends and get ahead of my schedule. I just needed to get ahead. I was so determined too, and by Saturday evening even though things hadn't gone strictly to plan, I was still in it with a winning chance. But freaking life! I think one is meant to do a PhD on an island somewhere far, far away from the complications and messiness of life. Where you can focus on only the PhD and not be distracted by reality. Of course I don't believe what I've just said - I just wish it could have applied this weekend, or for the next two weeks. I can't switch off, I can't pull all the personal stuff aside. It's the nature of my 'being' and so I get pulled in all directions, always at the expense of my PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment