Pages

Friday 15 March 2013

a research methodology queen...even for a day

I got some preliminary feedback from one of my supervisors ahead of our supervision meeting at the start of next week. Apparently my Research Methodology chapter is 'excellent'. So it appears I've nailed this aspect of my thesis. And I'm feeling arrogant enough to suggest that my PhD thesis can't be failed if my methodology is solid! Of course I don't completely believe this, but it's a nice little bargaining chip that I'm using to boost my deflated confidence.

Basking in this glory I've been really lazy since arriving on the small island. I miss my place of calm and all the young, vibrant people around me there. Despite the very warm welcome I've received and the generosity shown to by my friends and special niece, I am really a creature of habit. I love structure and familiarity and it takes me a while to settle. It's probably ok and I'm trying not to worry too much about ALL the stuff I 'still need to do' to get the thesis to a submit’able level. After all, a queen is allowed to put her feet up from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment