Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

I've been thinking

Yes, actually I have been thinking. I've come through a couple of frustrating and angry days, with the burden of the PhD and all its complex 'nonsense' weighing heavily on my shoulders. But I've been thinking.

When one thinks of a romantic relationship a common position to take is the acknowledgement that your partner can't possibly provide, give you everything you need. They often give you a lot of the 'things' you need, but not everything. For those 'other' things you go elsewhere, friends, family, zumba, yoga. Why then was I expecting to get everything I needed to complete this PhD from my supervision team? Having this expectation has simply set up the whole ecosystem for failure and unfortunately disappointment on my side. That's my thought - my big and profound thought. I'm hoping this insight will help me move my whole PhD experience into a more healthy, productive and, may I say, happy space. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment