Pages

Thursday 1 November 2012

oh analysis...

I've been working on one of my analysis chapters. It's the one I like best, the one I was most confident about. Anyway I'm like five pages away from the end of the chapter - I've worked through the whole chapter and re-shaped and re-crafted the whole thing to bring it in-line with the analysis framework - and the final bit doesn't work any more. In fact it's just wrong - no participant voices, no comments on how they completed or marked the assignment, just wrong. I'm sitting here wanting to pull my hair out because I know what I need to do. Back to Atlas, back to coding the interviews specifically related to this assignment and rewrite the section. I can't do a patch-job, it just won't do justice to the analytic framework and the argument that is starting to emerge. I don't mind doing the work, I just have the word 'DEADLINE' blasting in my head. Oh and of course I need to go to work in about 1 hour and for the next three days I'll be locked away in a workshop and planned to attend a two-day symposium on Knowledge and Curriculum next week. Oh happy days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment