Pages

Sunday 24 October 2010

life on a mission

Its official - 7 weeks to go before I move out of 21 Bardsey Court. Well maybe it will be 5 weeks before I move out of 21 Bardsey Court - depends on my landlord and whether he needs me to be out by December 1. Either way I'm getting my arse into gear to make this transition as smooth as possible. Hopefully nothing as traumatic as my move from Hilchama.

I have a lot to do - need to pack up here in England, prepare for fieldwork and make plans and firm up arrangements for my 6 month stay in Cape Town. Started a de-clutter today and need to organise myself so that I can start selling off stuff via the OU intranet. Unfortunately there isn't a very robust second hand furniture market here - people just go to Ikea and get whatever they want new. If you sell anything second hand you have to sell it cheap, cheap. But I'm positive that I can recoup some of the money I spent to get this place furnished. In a strange way I feel positive about all these arrangements - I'm moving forward, being proactive, so its all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment