Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2010

OFF

I'm having an off week I think. All I have to do is read two papers, pick out the main threads and argument, link it to academic literacies as a conceptual frame and write a 1000 words essay that articulates my analysis. Simple! Well not so simple when your mind just cant get going. I've put it down to just one of those weeks when nothing seems to make sense. These weeks or days are often accompanied with feelings of negative self-worth and aimlessness. I've been entertaining thoughts of why the hell and I doing this PhD, I dont know anything worth knowing and certainly cant express it very well. I've been trying to console myself by finding loads of reading material - which unfortunately just makes me feel more inadequate as I try to figure out how the hell I'm going to do all that reading. I'm confident however, that 'this period' will pass, trying to reassure myself that I am 'intelligent' and can do this thing and most importantly, telling myself not to be so damn hard on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment