Pages

Saturday 17 October 2009

An so it starts

At my first supervision meeting on Tuesday this week, one of my supervisors, Robin, 'innocently' suggested I start a blog-as-reflective-research-journal. Since then I've had the though running through my brain. Should I? Should'nt I? Seems the 'should' option succeeded in winning this battle. Blogging seems to be the 'new' space academics are meant to crave out for themselves. A place where they can raise their profile or go digital. So I was rather cynical about having yet another digital profile, and what this might signal to the world out there. But Robin was clear about how I could regulate who could or could'nt have access to my post, and that sort-of provided some reassurances. Also having started the research process (whatever that might mean) I've had all these thoughts float around in my head. So writing it down seemed like the natural thing to do. With a blog the natural space for those writings. I've just been reading a book on English punctuation so very aware of my useless spelling and grammar and therefore think I need to place some proviso, for 'followers' or whatever you call people who follow and comment on blogs, about correcting my spelling and grammar. Mmm, that won't work well for theacademic profile I'm hoping to build with this blog. So my first post does'nt add anything significant associated with the supposed aim of this blog. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment