Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

whooooosh days

I feel like the broadband speed Trevor Noah so beautifully advertisers - the periods of the day all blend into one as I wish I could be in England simply to have an extra two hours per day to fit in all the 'stuff' I need to do. I never seem to have enough time to write my fieldnotes. And I constantly feel as if my fieldnotes are hopeless inadequate in the depth and breath of their descriptions. I'm using written notes while in class, but last night I decided I would capture my analytical memo's (see Hammersley and Atkinson, 2007) using my computer. I can write these faster on computer anyway and at the moment I feel I need to get down as much of what I remember as soon as possible, before I forget and just in case that one 'bit' of info becomes a crucial piece of insight about my research site.

I submitted my article last night - and what a nail biting experience that was - I kept thinking I had misspelt something  or uploaded the wrong file, did the word count incorrectly, had missing references in my bibliography. Writing what a gloriously soul searching (maybe even destroying), upheavaling, nerve  wreaking, energy depleting and draining experience. Sorry I can only focus on the challenging aspects of the process today. Of course it has its positive and uplifting moments and experiences - but that's not what I want to focus on today. I could easily have sat another couple of days refining and reworking sentences and paragraphs - but hey it was taking up too much of my time and I had to let it go into the world.

And so onward to many more whooosh-like days

No comments:

Post a Comment