Pages

Tuesday 15 February 2011

the heat is on

Goodness its hot in Cape Town - yes the heat wave continues to reek havoc on my levels of productivity. I finally submitted a rather 'rough' (to put it mildly) draft to the French publication people today. I really wasn't happy with the manuscript and felt it just didn't come together in the way I would have hoped. I needed more time to think about what I really wanted to say. But more importantly I need more enthusiasm and drive to get me to find the time to think about the things I really wanted to say about that piece of research. I feel it is a patchwork paper - bits and pieces of this and that neatly (well maybe not so neatly) stitched together. Well the reviewers will probably pick out all these concerns/discontinuities and send it right back to me for revision. So the problems haven't really gone away - I've just bought myself some time before I will really have to deal with it. But maybe that's ok for now. I really need to get into the proper head space for my fieldwork. Time is ticking away and it ain't coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment