Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

@%*king e-mails and other crap

It's midnight, I've just lost an e-mail destined for my supervisors that took me almost 20 minutes to compose and I'm totally fed up. I'm a bit stressed because my schedule is being stretched and I'm having to adopt a more flexible approach to not only my scheduling, but also the whole notion of what fieldwork may or may not mean. I'm also panicking a bit about deliverables - having said I would write up a case study of my current research site before I go into the new research site...ja ja! What am I doing making such irresponsible commitments anyway? It's not like my supervisors asked / instructed me to do it - I said I would.

In all this madness, and alongside trying to be more in control of the situation, deadlines, interviews and the accompanying paper work (which for the life of me I cant seem to find in the many multi-coloured plastic sleeves neatly stored in various locations around my little lounge/come-desk area), I remembered what I did last Tuesday evening with my sister and niece. Trying to escape the 37 degree day I went for a cooling swim at Sea Point Pavilion and then we enjoyed supper on the beach. I captured the beautiful Cape Town sunset.
Maybe now I'll try writing that e-mail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment